We mark the end of The Next Track’s first year with a review of our most interesting episodes.
Just a quick note: we’ve posted a brief survey about The Next Track, and we would love it if you could take the two minutes to answer a dozen questions about the podcast, how you listen, what you like, and feel free to suggest any topics you’d like us to cover.
- Episode #1 – Songs to Albums to Songs
- Episode #2 – To Stream or to Own Music?
- Episode #3 – Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know about Audio File Formats
- Episode #9 – Will Hermes on Discovering New Music
- Episode #15 – What is Mastering and Remastering?
- Episode #18 – New Yorker Music Critic Alex Ross Discusses Listening to Classical Music
- Episode #20 – You Think You Know about the Blues? Eliah Wald on the History of the Blues
- Episode #23 – David Browne on the History of the Grateful Dead
- Episode #24 – Composer Timo Andres on Contemporary Classical Music, Episode #25 – Composer Timo Andres on Contemporary Classical Music, Part 2
- Episode #27 – Composing Music for Stage and Screen, with Paul Englishby
- Episode #28 – Music and Mystery: Author Peter Robinson on Music in His Novels
- Episode #35 – Musician and Developer Peter Chilvers on Brian Eno’s Album and App Reflection
- Episode #40 – The Revenge of Analog, with David Sax
- Episode #46 – Percussionist Colin Currie on Performing and Recording Steve Reich’s Drumming
- Episode #48 – Musician Dave Harrington of DARKSIDE and the Dave Harrington Group on Music Between Genres
- Episode #10 – Setting Up a Home Media Server
- Episode #16 – Managing and Storing Digital Media Files
- Episode #29 – Tagging Audio Files
- Episode #39 – Storing Media on a Network-Attached Storage Device
- Episode #47 – 10 Ways to Connect Your Computer to Your Stereo
- Episode #50 – Streaming Music in Your Home
- Episode #32 – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about DACs (Digital-Analog Converters)
- Episode #38 – New in Audio at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- Episode #43 – Streaming Music 2.0
- Episode #11 – Audio Myths & Superstitions
- Episode #26 – Andy Doe Answers Your Questions about Audio Equipment and Technology
- Episode #21 – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Subwoofers
- Episode #45 – Ask Andy, Hi-Fi Equipment and Speaker Placement
- Episode #51 – Ask Andy: Is Vinyl Better than CD?
- Episode #12 – iTunes & AppleScript
- Episode #49 – Common Misconceptions about iTunes
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.