Journalist Geoff Edgers joins us to discuss his Washington Post article about the slow death of the electric guitar.
Sponsor: Rogue Ameoba’s Audio Hijack. If you can hear it on your Mac, you can record it with Audio Hijack. Download the free trial from Rogue Amoeba, then save 20% with coupon code NEXTTRACK.
This week’s guest:
- Why my guitar gently weeps – The slow, secret death of the six-string electric. And why you should care.
- How Much Did This Guitar Story Cost Me? $2,376.99 – The story behind my story on the death of the electric guitar
- Behind the scenes of ‘The slow death of the electric guitar’ – a.k.a. how we got paid to set a guitar on fire
- Fender Play
- Tom Feldmann
- Toby Walker
- School of Rock
- ♫ Episode #48 – Musician Dave Harrington of DARKSIDE and the Dave Harrington Group on Music Between Genres
Our next tracks:
- Kirk: Santana – Soul Sacrifice (Live at Woodstock 1969)
- Doug: Adrian Belew – Desire of the Rhino King
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.