Have you ever wanted to set up your own home media server? Doug and Kirk discuss the pros and cons of doing this, and explain how to set up a Mac mini as a media server.
Discovering new music:
- Apple’s Mac mini
- OS X Server
- I wish there was an iTunes Server
- WD My Passport 4 TB portable hard drive
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Change Screen Resolution on Headless OS X Server
- The Merchant of Venice, by the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Apple improves iCloud Music Library matching, ditches copy-protected matched files for Apple Music users
- VNC Viewer
- The best way to watch media on the new Apple TV: iTunes Home Sharing vs. Plex
Our next tracks:
- Doug: Jeff Beck, Loud Hailer
- Kirk: Emerson String Quartet – Complete Recordings On Deutsche Grammophon
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.