In episode #1 of The Next Track, Doug Adams and Kirk McElhearn introduce the podcast, and explain the topics they plan to cover. They discuss streaming music and downloads, and spend some time looking at the history of music listening, from songs to albums to songs, with some tapes along the way. Then they discuss their next tracks, the music they’re planning to listen to next.
- Introduction to The Next Track, and what the podcast is going to cover.
- Doug Adams’ website, Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes.
- Kirk McElhearn’s website, Kirkville.
- Songs to albums to songs. How people listened to music over the years. First songs, then albums, and back to songs again with streaming.
- All or Nothing at All, documentary about Frank Sinatra. Available on HBO in the US, and on Netflix in some other countries.
- Leonard Bernstein Edition (Sony), Leonard Bernstein Collection (DG).
- The Who, Live at Leeds, Deluxe Edition.
- Grateful Dead, Dave’s Picks Vol. 18, Orpheum Theatre, San Francisco, CA 7/17/76
- Woodstock: 40 Years On. Even better, the Woodstock movie, director’s cut, on Blu-Ray with lots of footage that wasn’t in the original film.
- Janis: Little Girl Blue
- Festival Express
Our next tracks:
Kirk: Surprise, Paul Simon
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.