In episode #3 of The Next Track, Doug Adams and Kirk McElhearn examine the various audio file formats that you may encounter when you listen to music. You’re familiar with MP3, AAC, and, perhaps, Apple Lossless, but do you know your FLAC from your AIFF, or your WAV from your Ogg Vorbis?
Audio file formats:
Here’s a selection of links about audio file formats, working with lossless audio, etc.
- An Overview of Audio File Formats Supported By iTunes
- Everything you need to know about digital audio files
- The ABCs of Lossless Music Files
- Wikipedia article about lossless compression
- The complete guide to using iTunes with lossless audio
- Why You Shouldn’t Use WAV Files with iTunes
- How to Play FLAC or Other Lossless Audio Files in iTunes, with links to free apps for Mac and Windows to convert audio files to different formats
- Rip To Lossless – and Never Rip Again
Our next tracks:
Doug: Tomita, Greatest Hits
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track