We ask Andy Doe why classical concerts have such rigid traditions and etiquette regarding audience reactions. And we discuss the Bravo Guy, present at concert halls around the world.
Note: We apologize that this episode runs a bit longer than usual, but it was too interesting and too much fun to cut.
This week’s guest:
- Murray Perahia and the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, April 5, 2017
- András Schiff – Beethoven, the 32 Sonatas
- András Schiff – Encores After Beethoven
- In 27 Pieces: The Hilary Hahn Encores
- The rules for Hilary Hahn’s encore contest
- Alex Ross: Hold Your Applause: Inventing and Reinventing the Classical Concert (PDF)
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.