We welcome Jeffrey Norman, who has been mixing, mastering, and restoring Grateful Dead recordings for more than 35 years.
This week’s guest:
- Mid-side (MS) recording technique
- Owsley Stanley (Bear)
- What’s Become of the Bettys? The Fate of the Long-Lost Grateful Dead Soundboards
- Episode #67 – The Grateful Dead’s Legendary 5/8/77 Cornell Concert, with Author Peter Conners
- Plangent Process
- The Grateful Dead’s Europe ’72 box set
- Long Strange Trip
- Kirk’s Next Track pick of the Doc & Merle Watson release – Episode #70 – Movies about Music, Part 1: Fiction
- Owsley Stanley Foundation
- Grateful Dead – Cornell 5/8/77
- Grateful Dead – Sunshine Daydream Veneta, OR, 8/27/72
- Grateful Dead – Closing of Winterland, 12/31/78
Correction to Kirk’s next track selection. The New Riders of the Purple Sage came on after the Grateful Dead’s first acoustic set.
Our next tracks:
- Kirk: Dick’s Picks Vol. 8 – Harpur College, Binghamton, NY, May 2, 1970
- Doug: Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.