What is pitch? How do instruments play in tune with each other? How do instruments tune, and what is temperament? Andy Doe explains all this.
- Pitch (Wikipedia)
- Bach: 6 Suites for Cello Solo, Peter Wispelwey
- Music tuning (Wikipedia)
- Musical temperament (Wikipedia)
- Pythagoras (Wikipedia)
- Pythagorean tuning (Wikipedia)
- Meantone temperament (Wikipedia)
- Online recordings with unequal temperaments
- Britten: Saint Nicolas, King’s College Choir
- 1615, Gabrieli in Venice, King’s College Choir
Our next tracks:
- Kirk: Bach: Well-Tempered Clavier, Ralph Kirkpatrick, clavichord
- Doug: David Bowie: Let’s Dance (Demo Single)
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.