Doug and Kirk look at the audio-related elements of this week’s Apple product announcement. The headphone jack, AirPods, and Apple Music.
“Frankly, I don’t listen to a lot of new music. I’m still trying to catch up on a lot of old music.”
Sponsor: Master iTunes with Kirk’s ebook and save 30% on Take Control of iTunes 12: The FAQ, the indispensable guide to iTunes.
Correction: When discussing AirPods, we said that they cannot be used with devices other than a Mac, iOS device, or Apple Watch. Since we recorded this show, Apple has stated that the AirPods can be used with any Bluetooth device. However, they only pair automatically with Macs, iOS devices, and Apple Watches.
- Apple: Jacks Off iPhone 7
- Jabra Revo Bluetooth headphones
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Apple’s AirPod Mistake
- Chums Slip Fit 3mm Rope Eyewear Retainer
- Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Bluetooth Headset
- I Forgot How Bad Apple’s EarPods (not AirPods) Sound
- Apple Activates “My New Music Mix” “My Favorites Mix” on macOS and iOS Betas
Our next tracks:
- Kirk: Bob Dylan: John Wesley Harding – Bob Dylan: The Original Mono Recordings
- Doug: The Carl Stalling Project: Music From Warner Bros. Cartoons, 1936-1958
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.