We welcome New Yorker music critic Alex Ross for a long discussion about listening to classical music today. This episode runs a bit longer than usual, but we think you’ll enjoy the whole show.
“I mix the familiar and the obscure.”
Sponsor: Master iTunes with Kirk’s ebook and save 30% on Take Control of iTunes 12: The FAQ, the indispensable guide to iTunes.
- Alex Ross’s website, The Rest is Noise
- Alex Ross’s writings on The New Yorker
- Alex Ross’s books: The Rest is Noise, Listen to This
- The Composers of Quiet: The Wandelweiser collective makes music between sound and silence
- Wandelweiser Miscellany
Our next tracks:
- Kirk: Dennis Johnson: November – Interview with R. Andrew Lee
- Doug: Michael Viner’s Incredible Bongo Band: Bongo Rock
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track