John Wyver's company Illuminations produces films of live performances: theater, dance, opera, and music. He joins us to discuss the future of live performances in what he calls The After, that period when Covid-19 is just a memory. Will live performances be able to start again even if there isn't a vaccine? How can social distancing allow live performances to return?
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Shakespeare, from Theater to Cinema: Interview with John Wyver - Part 1, Part 2
- The BBC Shakespeare Collection
- Wigmore Hall live streams
- Royal Opera House streams
- Episode #183 - Composer and Pianist Timo Andres on Concertizing at Home
- Bolero Julliard
- Magdalen College: Virtual May Morning 2020
- As ‘Hamilton’ becomes a movie, suddenly we’re all in the room where it happens
- Berlin Philharmonker Digital Concert Hall
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track