Timo Andres is a young composer and pianist, nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in 2016. We discuss his music, and how he missed his first solo recital at Carnegie Hall du to the coronavirus lockdown, and decided to make home videos of all the works to present his program to the public. (Apologies for the audio; we made some mistakes when recording.)
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Timo Andres
- Timo Andres's recordings
- House Special; Timo Andres's Carnegie Hall recital filmed in his living room
- Episode #24 – Composer Timo Andres on Contemporary Classical Music
- Episode #25 – Composer Timo Andres on Contemporary Classical Music, Part 2
- List of clarinet quartets (Wikipedia)
- I Still Play (Nonesuch)
- Life Inside an Electronic Cottage (Washington Post: 1980)
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.