There haven't been many transcriptions of Philip Glass's music for guitar, and Gerard Cousin's new album, Escape, shows just how ideal Glass's music is for this instrument. We talk with Gerard Cousins about the classical guitar, its repertoire, and the long process of transcription necessary to create this recording.
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Julian Bream: 20th Century Guitar
- Narcisco Yepes: Bach, Works for Lute I; Works for Lute II
- Paul Galbraith: Nocturnal (YouTube)
- Orange Mountain Music
- Biber: Rosary Sonatas
- Larry Coryell: European Impressions
- Eric Whitacre: This Marriage (YouTube)
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track