Episode #238 - The Fade
Episode 242 · July 6th, 2022 · 31 mins 4 secs
About this Episode
Why do some songs fade out when they end? The brass band in the gazebo in the public park never faded out their songs.
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Fade (audio engineering)
- A Little Bit Softer Now, a Little Bit Softer Now… The sad, gradual decline of the fade-out in popular music.
- Franz Joseph Haydn: Symphony no. 45, "Farewell" - Finale
- Arvo Pärt: Tabula Rasa
- Steve Reich: Tehillim
- What Ever Happened To The Pop Song Fade-Out?
- Episode #48 – Musician Dave Harrington of DARKSIDE and the Dave Harrington Group on Music Between Genres
- Taper's Choice on archive.org
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track