Doug and Kirk welcome Timo Andres, composer and performer of contemporary classical music. This is the first part of a two-part interview.
One of the ways that […] any type of musician finds their style is by setting out to imitate something and failing.
This week’s guest:
- Alex Ross of the New Yorker on Timo Andres and other “student composers” in 2004
- Russell Platt of the New Yorker on Timo Andres in 2016
- Timo Andres: Shy and Mighty
- Timo Andres: Home Stretch
- Lou Reed: Metal Machine Music
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: World premiere of Timo Andres’s Everything Happens So Much, November 18, 2016
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.