Author Peter Conners tells us the story of the legendary 5/8/77 Grateful Dead concert at Barton Hall, Cornell University, and its legacy.
A technical note: you may have noticed that your podcast app re-downloaded a bunch of old episodes last week. We moved the server that hosts The Next Track to HTTPS, and this seems to have treated all existing episodes as new. So we’re very sorry for any extra bandwidth you may have used. Note that iTunes also seems to have redownloaded them, so you may have duplicate audio files for some episodes; check your media folder to make sure.
This week’s guest:
- Cornell ’77: The Music, the Myth, and the Magnificence of the Grateful Dead’s Concert at Barton Hall
- Grateful Dead: Cornell 5/8/77
- Growing Up Dead: The Hallucinated Confessions of a Teenage Deadhead
- JAMerica: The History of the Jam Band and Festival Scene
- Grateful Dead: May 1977: Get Shown the Light (All Music Edition)
- Dark Star Orchestra
- Rocking The Cradle, Egypt 1978
- Legion of Mary: Dec 14-15 1974
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.