♫ Episode #7 – Music and Genres
Episode 8 · July 1st, 2016 · 29 mins 5 secs
About this Episode
In the latest episode of The Next Track, Doug Adams and Kirk McElhearn analyze the rumor that Apple is planning to remove the headphone jack from the iPhone, and then discuss how people organize music by genre.
“No matter where we steer this thing, we always end up driving down inelegant boulevard.”
The headphone jack rumor:
- An iPhone without a headphone jack? No way!
- On the Recurring Rumor that Apple Is Getting Rid of the iPhone Headphone Jack
- What’s the Logic Behind Apple’s New Headphone Jack?
- Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Headphones with lightning connectors:
Organizing music by genre:
- ID3 version 1 genre list
- Gracenote’s genre list
- How the Over-Genrification of Music Is Bad for Listeners and Musicians
- Here’s How Messed Up Apple Music Metadata Is (List of iTunes Store genres in a comment to this article)
- YouTube Users Are Reinventing The Way We Classify Music – vocativ
Our next tracks:
- Doug: Where There’s A Will There’s A Way: The ABC-Dunhill Recordings By Bobby Whitlock
- Kirk: Bach, Goldberg Variations (1981), on Glenn Gould: The Complete Columbia Album Collection box set
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.Support The Next Track