In his recent book Evil Geniuses, Kurt Andersen noted that people have dressed the same for decades, and that music has barely changed since the 1980s. We discuss this decades long stasis, and why it may have happened.
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Episode #48 – Musician Dave Harrington of DARKSIDE and the Dave Harrington Group on Music Between Genres
- New York City blackout of 1977
- Setlist.fm, July 13, 1977
- Hasta la Vista, America: Trump’s Farewell Address
- The Zen of Everything, Episode 40: Change
- Robert Fripp: Music for Quiet moments
Our next tracks:
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.