We last spoke with composer and pianist Timo Andres early in the lockdown, after he made a series of videos for a recital program that had been cancelled at Carnegie Hall. Over the past few months, Andres has refined the art of filming himself at the piano, and uses both audio and video recording as part of his creative process.
Help support The Next Track by making regular donations via Patreon. We're ad-free and self-sustaining so your support is what keeps us going. Thanks!
- Episode #183 - Composer and Pianist Timo Andres on Concertizing at Home
- Alex Ross: I hate "classical music."
- Timo Andres: How can I live in your world of ideas?
- IRCAM (Wikipedia)
- Timo Andres: Debussy — Reflets dans l’eau / Ellington — Reflections in D
- ORTF stereo technique (Wikipedia)
- Adam Abeshouse
- I Still Play
- Sony RX100 VII
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Davinci Resolve
- MKBHD (Marques Brownlee)
- Score follower video: Stravinsky — Symphonies of Wind Instruments — piano transcription by Timo Andres
- The Orchestra - iPad app
Our next tracks:
- John Dowland: Complete Lute Works, Paul O'Dette
- Young-Holt Unlimited : The Definitive Young-Holt Unlimited
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast.